Going on vacation with your family is the perfect way to escape life’s distractions and spend quality, uninterrupted time with loved ones. Whether planning a long-weekend escape or a more extended getaway, there is no shortage of things to do in Sandpoint, Idaho. Be close to all the action by reserving your home base with Dover Bay Resort. Our waterfront community is only minutes from downtown and all the adventures this region of Idaho has to offer.
What to Do on an Idaho Family Vacation
Nestled on 285 acres, the grounds of our planned community are filled with countless activities. In addition to these on-site adventures, the surrounding community is also home to even more adventures. When planning your Sandpoint bucket list, include a mix of on-site and off-site activities.
- Explore the open water by reserving one of our kayak, canoe, or paddleboard rentals. Equipment can be rented by the hour, so you’ll have plenty of time to explore.
- Lace up your boots and hike the nine miles of on-site trails along the water and nature preserves.
- Stop by Dish at Dover Bay or Dover Bay Market to put together a delicious picnic meal. Spread your blanket out on our lawn or head to a local park like Dover City Park.
- Fly high and take in the views on a zipline adventure at Schweitzer. Get the most out of your visit to this popular ski mountain, which also offers summer fun, by purchasing an Ulitmate Fun Pass.
- Learn about local history at the Bonner County Historical Society & Museum. This attraction is filled with exhibits that tell the area’s story, including how Sandpoint grew into the resort town it is today.
- For more of a thrill out on the water, reserve a Waverunner or ski boat from Sandpoint Watersports, located at Dover Bay Marina.
- Cast your line and see who can reel in the day’s biggest catch. Local shops like Big 5 Sporting Goods or North 40 have all your fishing equipment needs covered if you forget anything at home.
Book Your Stay at a Lake Pend Oreille Resort
Found on the north shores of Lake Pend Oreille, your Dover Bay Resort rental is the ideal place to unwind after exploring all the things to do in Sandpoint, Idaho. No matter which of our rentals you reserve, you’ll have a relaxing oasis to call home.
Our inventory of Sandpoint or Dover rentals is made up of properties in a range of sizes and styles. Our collection has everything from lofts to bungalows. This range means you can find your dream home away from home. Every vacation rental is unique. For help deciding which option suits your needs best, call 208-263-5493 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.